Far too busy to write a proper post here, so for those of you who don't do twitter, this is just a reminder that Our Man is still alive and kicking. Oh, very well, he will spare you eight minutes.
But there are good reasons for not writing at this blog recently:
- Every post here is one less page he could have done for his novel. (Oh, that old chestnut).
- Yes, he is writing a novel. You know he started one and got pretty much done with the first draft when the earthquake hit.
- So then Our Man did his bit with Quakebook.
- In fact, he is still doing his bit with Quakebook (QB to its friends) and it's doing jolly well.
- But he just has to get this write-a-novel-before-you-finish-being-40 monkey off his back.
- He has given himself a month to write it AND GET IT PUBLISHED (emphasis his own).
- If you care, follow his, er, progress on twitter by clicking on this ridiculous twitter tag (warning: sadly is all too safe for work at the moment): #halflifebook.
- He's reworking it to get the earthquake in, since, well, it's kind of important for anyone writing about Japan, don't you think?
- And he had a holiday and everything.
- Your eight minutes are up.
Pic lifted from here.