This is the beginning of the end of the Murdoch Empire. If you think Our Man is being overdramatic, that Murdoch always wins in the end, may Our Man respectfully suggest: You are wrong. Consider:
- The News of the World, the Murdoch Sunday tabloid, sister paper to the biggest selling Sun had been caught hacking into murder victims' phones and deleting messages to free space so more people could leave messages. Illegal and immoral.
- This is just the beginning of the damning revelations to come.
- Advertisers have been deserting the Murdoch tabloid in droves.
- News International, the Murdoch company that owns a third of the world's media, knows the damage done to their "brand" is so severe, they shut the paper. Forever.
- There are connections from its former editor all the way to No. 10, where he served as the Prime Minister's press secretary.
- People are going to serve jail time over this.
Since 1979, when the Sun plumped for Thatcher, Murdoch has decided every British General Election. But for the first time in Our Man's life, having Murdoch's support is a liability. Ask any Egyptian, the cynicism of the tyrant is not enough to beat the truth that we all know:
Murdoch's time is up.
Don't believe me? Check this Podcast out.
Secret handshake here for the video of Dennis Potter.