Thursday, 29 July 2010
There was Our Man not 50 minutes ago making a cup of tea in Our Little Sister's Victorian terrace, about to tuck into a Krispy Kreme donut for breakfast, when the wireless in the kitchen picked up BBC Radio 4 and the nasal tones of Jake Adelstein (OK, an actor doing his best Jake Adelstein turn) reading bits from his Tokyo Vice book about how to cultivate contacts in the police force.
Anyway, gotta go buy some shoes.
Monday, 26 July 2010
Sunday, 25 July 2010
Friday, 23 July 2010
Thursday, 22 July 2010
Sunday, 18 July 2010
Wednesday, 14 July 2010
Monday, 12 July 2010
Sunday, 11 July 2010
Saturday, 10 July 2010
2. "Mum, will you still be able to speak English when you are a
3. If you want to clean out the yakuza from sumo, you could start by
making gambling on sports entirely legal.
4. Just started reading Ryu Murakami's 69 from the library.
5. There was a great throwaway line that a US military base was in the
best location in the city, but then in Japan they are always in the
6. Our Man is the proud owner of two Okinawa T-shirts, though hasn't
been there even once.
6.5 Ryu Murakami uses mixed up font sizes to emphasise words, just
like Our Man when he's not on his mobile.
Thursday, 8 July 2010
Tuesday, 6 July 2010
Preview to tonight's game? Analysis of who might lift the Cup? A what-went-wrong for Brazil and Argentina?
Youbetcha on all counts. All it needed was a compromising pic of the great Silverback Maradona kissing an Argie bloke, and the page would have had it all.
Wait, it did?
Well done, ya checked all Our Man's boxes.