Duh de Duh de Duhh DUHH DUHH DUHH
Here is the breaking news from Our Man's Backyard Bunker (in highly apt bullet points):
- The Sorks and the Yanks were busy playing soldiers and the Norks wanted to play too.
- The Sorks said naff off.
- The Norks started lobbing stuff at the Sorks.
- The Sorks are on high alert, ready to retaliate and knock out some Nork missile bases.
- The Yanks have been scrambling jets all day, according to Our Man's Twitter sources living near US military bases here. (If you live anywhere in Japan, you live near US military bases).
- The Japanese PM was woken from his afternoon nap (sort of, if you see TV footage of him addressing the nation, think he was still asleep).
- Japan will set up a committee to look into what to do.
For some historical perspective, go here, from Our Man's Field Agent who is (a couple of clicks?) closer to the DMZ.
Anyway, it's put Our Man in the mood to read his copy of Hidden Moon, an Inspector O whodunit set in North Korea. And then write loads of his novel. And not drink any wine.