This all will be old hat if you have been keeping up with Our Man's pebble-dash Twitter flow, but just thought you old school blog readers might need something for the weekend.
1. All this BP oil in the ocean. Is it any worse for the planet that it's polluting the sea, rather than being burnt and polluting the air (or smeltified into Barbie dolls and polluting my daughters' impressionable minds?) (It's not an either or - we can still do both! - ed.)
2. Whoever is in charge of the Japan Times sports coverage needs re-educating in a News gulag. Our Man couldn't give a monkey's whether the JT thinks doing a proper World Cup wallchart is beneath them; that baseball or ice hockey is more worthy of their attention - YOU ARE WRONG. With a capital R. Yanks may be luke warm about the whole silly "soccer" thing. Fine. They are more than welcome to their interminable baseball stats and golf stories and ice skating and whatnot every day for the next four years, but please please find someone in the department with a clue about footy. If you can't find an American with the patience for it, just grab any Japanese/European/African/S. American off the street and get them to layout the sports pages for the next month. They couldn't do any worse.
3. Even the Daily Yomiuri understands the simple equation: World Cup pullouts sell ads and papers, keeping everyone in Otemachi in shochu.
4. Is the JT trying to drive everyone to their nearest iPhone free World Cup app?
5. Memo to JT: You are in a penalty shoot-out for your survival. So stop scuffing the ball up your own backside.
6. Something or other about Naoto Kan. Oh, another day.
And, yes Our Man shall be writing a strongly worded letter to the JT sports editor shortly.
Pic lifted from here.