Our Man just got through watching The Queen, and was surprised how good it was, being not much of a monarchist himself. A few bullets to fire off at you this Sunday:
1. It features Helen "Supernintendo Jane Tennison" Mirren, who does as good a turn as that bloke in drag in Naked Gun as Her Maj.
2. The bloke who plays Blair and the woman as Cherie were dead-ringers.
3. Made Our Man happy to have been on the other side of the world when the Princess Di love-in took over the UK. Imagine if people were that upset when people they actually know snuff it?
4. Our Man liked the spin doc Alistair Campbell chap. Shows that a little cynicism can take you a long way in politics.
5. Our Man actually came out of the theatre (OK, his six-mat living room) thinking the monarchy ain't such a bad institution. C'mon, would you rather President Gordon Brown were living it up at Balmoral shooting stags and shit?
6. But still, Orf with their heads, the lot of 'em.
7. And that includes you, Blair.