1. It's pretty bad news for the good folk of Abiko, being as they are halfway between Narita Airport and Tokyo (a pig and a poke?) So, there're quite a few folk worried about their jobs right now.
2. But JAL had it coming for years. Our Man actually knows a JAL stewardess. Yes, she is good looking, knows how to smile and has a perfectly symmetrical face (these are the prerequisites before they let you ask "chicken or beef?" - honestly, it was on the test). When she got her first paycheck 15-odd years ago she thought they had put one zero too many on. Yep. $5,000 for a month of fluffing pillows and winking at first class passengers. And that was 15 (fifteen) years ago.
3. Then she got pregnant, so got a three-year maternity leave - on full pay.
4. Then she had a second child - another two years on full pay.
5. They say the more third world the country, the more beautiful the stewardesses.
6. The Netherlands (KLM) must be the most firstest world country EVER.
7. Our Man once drank far too much in London and took a train back to Chester but fell asleep and ended up spending the night on the uncompromising seats of Manchester Airport. They had armrests, which are great when you want to sit up and behave important, but really suck when you wanna sleep.
8. God I'm bored. Do I have to get to 10?
9. Is Go still an airline in Britain?
10. Remember TWA? They sucked too.