Our Man has been asleep at the wheel again. He missed that V. Important Anniversary - you know One Month of the new PM? Well, don't worry, everyone else hasn't. It must be time for the Hatoyama honeymoon to end! That seems to be Ampantin's point here. At least Our Man thinks so, but he finds it hard to make it all the way to the end of his posts in one piece, models of erudition and modest quoting as they are. Funny isn't it, journalists are pressured to write concisely, but bloggers need more and more length to prove their, er, point. Ahhh well, mysteries of the universe and all...
Well, sure, after one whole month, the economy is still in the doldrums, the Norks still have nukes and Kumiko Hayakawa (pictured above with Uncle Sato of Sato's Bait and Tackle Superstore) still hasn't posted any more pics on her blog.
So, should we all jack it in on the DPJ Project and go back to the good ol' boys at the LDP OK Corral? Time for 10 reasons to say Hell No, We Won't Go (Back)! - now with added links!:
10. It's far too entertaining to watch the old school Build-it-and-My-Kickback-Will-Come boys bitch and moan about their 30-year-old dam project getting canned.
9. Hatoyama's still popular - getting approval ratings in the lower 70s.
7. Have you seen the New LDP? Inspiring it is not.
6. Women can get married and keep their own names under the new regime.
5. Bye, bye stupid waste of money manga museum.
3. That would be down to the singing minister for Financial Services Shizuka Kamei. (Go on click on it, it's great!)
2. Foreigners living here for ages (ie Korean-Japanese, and one day Our Man, maybe) just might get to vote real soon.
1. Our Man's monthly cash payouts for having procreated (twice, baby, twice!) are still on the table!
Rejoice there is still a reason or two to believe!