Wednesday, 2 September 2009
Top 10 tips for Japan's new prime minister Yukio Hatoyama
10. When someone asks "Who's in charge here?" don't point to Ozawa.
9. Don't let anyone know that you like watching films "in which the protagonists are animals".
8. Encouraging comparisons to the Kennedy clan is all very well, but remember, it didn't work out too well for them in the end, did it?
7. Have you thought through your war on bureacracy thing? Those red flashy light poles beside parked bulldozers don't hold themselves, you know.
6. If you can't make the budget balance, just reach for your wife's purse.
5. For Chisssakes, don't let your secretary put your money on a "dead cert"
4. You can't buy a nuclear umbrella at the 7-11
3. When slagging off the Yanks, do it in a Japanese paper, they'd never think of translating it and putting it on the Net.
2. Two words: Pigeon Mountain.
1. Comb your hair and look at people who are talking to you.
Labels: Number crunching