Friday, 28 August 2009
Five Japanese politicians we'd all love to see booted out
5. Yoshiro Mori, 72-ish, ex-PM: "The DPJ must believe anyone is fine. That's why it put up a candidate who says nothing and only waves her hand," he said, referring to his 33-year-old rival, Mieko Tanaka. "We'd all be better off if that's all you did, you pompous prick," Our Man said.
4. Yasuo Fukuda, 72-ish, another ex-PM - this one wimpier than most, up against TV reporter Yukiko Miyake, 44. An official in his camp said, "He is truly desperate. It would be miserable for a former prime minister to be defeated by a novice candidate who is a complete stranger (to this constituency)." "Miserable? It would be fuckin' magic," Our Man said.
3. Kaoru Yosano, 72-ish, the pocket-lining new Finance Minister who replaced...
2. Shoichi "you're-my-beshhht-mate-you-arrrrre" Nakagawa, you remember, he got pissed up at a G7 press conference and wandered off and sat on a statue in the Vatican (actually, Our Man has a soft spot for him).
1. Taro "Mr Charisma" Aso, current PM, descended from a long line of tossers, blessed with the ability to simultaneously insult the electorate accidentally and intentionally.
Ahhh, Our Man can dream...
Pic of Nakagawa the Drunk lifted from here.