1. "I might pay it back, but I'm not resigning" does not sound like the protestations of an innocent man.
2. You'd think a finance minister would be a bit better at hiding his kick-backs.
3. So, not only is he corrupt, he's also incompetent.
4. What is it with finance minsters (remember the last guy, Nakagawa the Drunk?)
5. Perhaps Our Man can help. His mother-in-law is a sprightly 67, she gets by on less than ¥60,000 (about 400 quid) a month. She could do the job (she knows how to budget).
6. Oh, sorry she couldn't. She has a thing about not associating with criminals.