10. Give everyone a ¥12,000 bribe with their own money!
9. Sell off Japan Post properties for next to nothing to your mates.
8. Retire and give your job to your idiot son.
7. Hmmm. A hundred thousand more teachers or a couple of F-22 "Budget Busters" from the Yanks? Decisions, decisions.
6. Stiff the taxpayers by claiming disability allowances for mass mailings. Pocket the difference.
5. Free drinks bar for Finance Ministers on long-haul flights.
4. Build a couple more airports an hour's drive from anywhere.
3. Hey, how about a national manga museum?
2. Take a bullet train on the public purse to go shag your mistress.
1. If all else fails, stuff ¥134 billion into a suitcase and bugger off to Italy.
NB - this was Our Man's humble effort for the June blog matsuri "Living on a budget in Japan." Can he collect his ¥500 book token now?