A few not very well thought-out thoughts on the Pressing Issue of North Korea and all things Kim Jong Illian, arranged into bullet points in no particular order:
- Can't remember: One of them is the Democratic People's Republic of Korea or the People's Republic of Democratic Korea and the other is ...? One was once an autocratic police state, and the other is still an autocratic police state. Whatever. Anyway, Our Man henceforth will adopt Asia Exile's excellent Norks to refer to the leaders of the odd fiefdom of the North.
- Our Man should be better at the name of the place because the Extremely Pressing Issue of the 12 abductees from 1978 is on the telly here more often than you can say Christ on a bike, not another cooking show.
- Say what you will about the Norks, but they sure know how to teach Japanese. Thinking of enrolling in their forced isolation immersion programme.
- They are so useless they can't feed their own folk, but the Norks are so capable they're poised to strike at any moment with their weapons of mass destruction. Wait a mo, heard that line somewhere before...
- The Norks are actually talking some sense recently too: For once, North Korea has a point - what IS Tamogami doing teaming up with the abductee families?
- Let's leave the last word to the Norks: Kim Jong Il Announces Plan To Bring Moon To North Korea
- Oh, pic from here.