- If you think - the old order is decaying and folk are unemployed, hungry and willing to try any new system that promises an equitable share of the goodies - it's 1919*.
- If you think - the world is united against an unpopular, unwinnable foreign war and the students are revolting (so what else is new?) - it's 1969*.
- If you think - folk have had enough of a self-serving political elite whose promise of borscht and a potato in every pot just doesn't cut it any more, why comrade - it's 1989.
- All of the above? Hey, it must be 2009. Da! Groovy! Gut! Yatta!
- Is the dual employment system an asset for Japan? (Er, probably not.)
- The shrinking profile of Taro Aso (Not shrunk far enough.)
- Maybe (Hey, a good piece on reconcilliation. Can't we all just get along? Maybe not)
- Japan to close US base in Okinawa? (Nahh, the locals would only complain about the lack of good pizza joints.)
- Bukkake of the Gods: Japan's Insane Creation Myths (They make more sense than most...)
* Yeah, OK, it should have been 1917 and 1968, but it looks niftier if everything ends in a 9. This is called intelligent design.